Pulling thread from the inside out

The question on how to avoid the twisting of thread is often asked. 
Especially Lizbeth threads seem notorious for doing this. 
Since it's not so much a problem fo me I think there must be something I'm doing right.

Vaak wordt de vraag gesteld hoe het opkrullen van het garen voorkomen kan worden.
Vooral over Lizbeth garens wordt hier veel over geklaagd. Omdat ik er niet zoveel problemen mee ondervind zal er iets zijn dat ik goed doe. 

The thing that I'm doing differently is pulling the ballthread from the inside. 
Here's how it works. 

Wat ik anders doe is de bol vanuit de binnenkant gebruiken. Het werkt als volgt.

Take the ball out of the plastic bag. Don't throw the bag away.
Haal de bol uit het plastic zakje. Gooi dit zakje niet weg. 

Turn it so that the label os on the bottom.
Most likely you will already see the end of the thread. 
Draai het bolletje ondersteboven, zodat het label aan de onderkant zit.  Het draadeindje is zichtbaar. 


Push with your thumb to make a fold on the cardboard cilinder.
Druk met de duim de kartonnen cilinder naar binnen. 


Gently wiggle the cilinder until it comes free of the thread and remove it. 
Beweeg de cilinder voorzichtig op een meer totdat die vrij komt van het garen en verwijder die. 


Now turn the ball over and carefully take the label out of the ball, make sure not to disturb the threads.
Draai het bolletje om een verwijder het label, zonder het garen te verwarren.



Put the ball back in the bag and get the end through the hole in the center of the bag. Put the label back in the bag with it, so you know which thread it is. 
Doe het bolletje terug in het zakje en haal de draad door het hartje in het midden van het zakje. Doe het label terug in het zakje, zodat je weet welk garen het is. 


I pull from the inside with all my threads and yarns, unless the cilinder is made of plastich and cannot be crushed. In that case I often take my yarnwinder and make a cake out of the thread or yarn. I hate having to chase my yarn when I’m working.

Ik gebruik al mijn garens vanaf de binnenkant van de bol, tenzij de cilinder van plastic gemaakt is en niet ingedrukt kan worden. In dat geval neem ik vaak mijn garenwinder om er een cake van te maken. Ik heb er een hekel aan als het garen alle kanten op rolt. 

Reacties

  1. Excellent pictorial! I will add the link to my Tatting Resources page. Thank you 🌺

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Een reactie posten

Populaire posts van deze blog